The Fellman Field (Fellman’s Blood Fields) it was the biggest prison for the red prisoners after the Civil War in 1918. About 22 00 0 red prisoners, Red Guards and refugees (who tried to go to East) had been gathered in the camp. They were held in the open-air camp for several days before being sent to a permanent camp, the Hennala, Hämeenlinna, Santahamina or Lappeenranta prison camps. The prisoners died of starvation, rapidly spreading diseases, and some hundreds were executed; some were able to flee, women and children were generally allowed to return to their homes. About five hectares of the former prison camp is now a park. In 1978, 60 years after the end of the Civil War, the Red Fugitive Monument (Erkki Kannosto) erected in memory of soldiers and civilians captured on the Fellman field in the present Fellman Park was unveiled. The work of art depicts the release of prisoners from the camp: the large, human figures behind the prison gate are looking toward a new, brighter future.